Our Site: Mazey Farms LLC
Mazey Farms LLC is a family owned and operated Maryland small business committed to sustainable Community Supported Agriculture (CSA). All our products are organic and free of pesticides and pathogens. Mazey Farms educates all our patients on the benefits and potential side effects of cannabis, methods of ingestion, lawful use, penalties for diversion, and substance-abuse awareness. Our team of master growers utilize proven proprietary small batch, closed environment agriculture (CEA) growing methods throughout the life cycle of the plant to produce some of the finest medical cannabis available on the market today.
Our mission is to cultivate, process and dispense medical grade cannabis, as prescribed by board certified physicians, to qualified patients of the State of Maryland in accordance with the highest standards for quality and purity. Our goal is to provide an organic, medical grade product, grown specifically to alleviate symptoms of debilitating medical conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Master Grower is responsible for managing all aspects of Mazey Farms’ cultivation operations from seedling to harvest including:
• Managing the daily operations of a greenhouse and/or nursery including cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal and utilizing required inventory management system;
• Ensuring compliance with the Operations and Management Plans;
• Developing Cultivation Area Procedures;
• Plans, schedules, and directs the performance of assigned staff;
• Ordering of crop-inputs (nutrients) and supplies for the cultivation areas;
• Assign and supervise work schedules and duties to Cultivation Technicians;
• Providing for proper sanitation of the Growing Area;
• Maintenance and sanitation of Grow Area physical space;
• Compliance with Company policies and procedures;
• Setting propagation, germination and planting schedules for all crops (indoor and outdoor);
• Hire and train employees in indoor and outdoor cultivation techniques;
• Identify plant varieties for future cultivation for our patients as well as diagnose problems such as fungus, disease, weeds, insect, and/or pests;
• Coordinate clerical, recordkeeping, inventory;
• Enter in all required data to maintain records for state reporting;
• Assist state and local government auditors and law enforcement with inventory, sales and compliance audits;
• Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies;
• Any other duties as assigned by the COO.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Ideal candidates will possess:
• At least 5 years experience in a large-scale commercial growing operation in a regulated medical cannabis program or indoor horticulture operation with similar photoperiod plants.
• A degree in horticulture or one of the agricultural sciences, an advanced degree is a plus.
• Ability to work within team structure, but also an independent self-starter who can develop systems and standard operating procedures.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A friendly positive attitude and a can do approach.
Salary: No cap salary based on performance. Benefits include vision, dental and health care, 401(k) matching, and profit share.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing date. Please indicate the position title in the subject line. Mazey Farms, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience.
Note: Only those candidates meeting the above mentioned requirements will be contacted for an interview.