We are searching for an experienced food scientist to assist in the product development and manufacturing of a unique line of marijuana-infused edible products. This is a highly technical role with a focus on developing new edible products in all stages from concept to commercialization. We are an edibles company with operations in several medical/recreational states.
• Assist in the developing and manufacturing of new products, and exploring alternative manufacturing methods;
• Developing recipes and prototypes to drive new concepts forward;
• Conducting analysis and testing of final product to ensure quality and compliance;
• Overseeing the quality control and consistency of new products to ensure regulatory compliance;
• Advising the executive committee on the viability of potential initiatives;
• Assist with establishing commercial kitchen operations in various markets;
• Ensuring that food manufacturing processes conform with government, processing, consumer and industry standards;
• Having a strong working knowledge of ingredient functionality, microbiology, and food manufacturing processes;
• Work closely with other food production staff including microbiologists, engineers, packaging specialists and buyers;
Successful candidates will play a key role in all stages of the product lifecycle and have an opportunity to work on a wide range of products targeted for different markets. A Culinary degree or a degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or Engineering is required, however, applicants will be considered with a demonstrable history of extensive kitchen experience. Successful candidates shall also have superior knowledge of a range of sciences and their applications to food. Experience in the cannabis industry is preferred, but not required. It is preferred that the individual be based in Colorado, but not required.
Please contact us with your resume at email@example.com.